Our November Client of the Month is Becki Mason Miller !!!
1. Tell us a little about yourself (family, job, sports, military, interests, etc):
Hi! My name is Becki Miller. I grew up in Dunwoody, GA and went to St. Pius X Catholic High School. I attended THE Ohio State University for undergrad and went to LSU in New Orleans for graduate school. I am a nurse anesthetist at St. Joseph’s Hospital. I am married to my great husband Aaron and I have four awesome kids: Mason (5), Mackenzie (2), Hudson (2), and Austin (2). We also have a Golden Retriever named Cooper. We recently moved to Johns Creek and love our new home there.
I have always loved playing and watching pretty much every sport. I enjoy doing CrossFit, playing tennis and softball, and competing in triathlons. I also love watching Buckeye football, traveling, hanging out my my kids, and drinking wine and craft beers (sorry Dave!).
2. When did you start doing CrossFit?
3. What’s your favorite WOD?
4. What’s your least favorite WOD? Isabel
5. What’s your favorite lift? Back Squat
6. What’s your least favorite lift? Snatch
7. What were you doing before CrossFit? Chasing children around and competing in Triathlons
8. What were your goals when joining CrossFit? To add more variety to my workouts, increase core strength, and push myself to the limits. I was getting really bored with the same old long boring workouts everyday. I love how CrossFit is different every day!
9. Have you achieved those goals? Absolutely.
10.Has CrossFit affected your life outside the Gym?
It has provided me with more time with my family. I love how I can get an amazing workout done in just an hour vs training for hours for triathlons. I also have become more cognizant of my nutrition and how important that is to being truly fit. It is also really fun to share CrossFit stories with other CrossFitters. It’s like a secret club 😉 I’ve met a lot of great people by joining CFP.
11. Do you have any special memories/achievements during your time here? When I somehow squeaked 6 of the ugliest muscle ups ever seen by mankind into the Open workout. Thanks to the amazing CrossFit coaches and and other athletes for talking me through it.
12.What advice would you give to a newbie just joining CFP? Hang in there. The first few weeks can be brutal, but you will be amazed how quickly you will improve. CrossFit is extremely rewarding, yet humbling. I love how there is always something that you can improve on and someone who can do it better and faster than you.
13. Something you might not know about me is: I have triplets (and an awesome big brother to triplets)
14. What is your WOM?
1000 meter row BUY IN
Bear Complex – 7 unbroken sets – 5 ROUNDS
1 power clean
1 front squat
1 push press
1 back squat
1 push press
Complete 10 pull ups and 20 sit ups between each round
**The bar only touches the ground after each round (except for TNG power cleans)
1 mile run CASH OUT